Tuesday, January 16, 2018
If you are a general contractor or home builder wishing to do contract work in the City of Vicksburg, you must first determine if you are required to hold a State of Mississippi Residential Remodelers License, Residential Builders License or Commercial License (Certificate of Responsibility). The Mississippi State Board of Contractors is the State Agency that can provide these answers. There phone number is (601) 354-6161. Before a permit can be issued to the project, the City of Vicksburg is required by State law to verify that the general contractor or home builder is in compliance with State requirements.

If you are a plumbing, electrical or mechanical contractor wishing to do work in the City of Vicksburg, you must first transfer your license to Vicksburg in accordance with State Statute 27-17-457. If you have taken and passed your written exam in Vicksburg then you are required to pay the annual fee of $25.00 every October 1st to keep and maintain the license in good standing. Should you let the license lapse there will be an additional fee added to the renewal fee to bring your license out of an inactive status.

The City of Vicksburg requires both the general contractor/home builder and the plumbing, electrical and mechanical contractor to obtain a $5,000 surety bond before a permit will be issued for any project.

Should you have any questions you may call the City of Vicksburg Building & Inspection Department at (601) 634-4528 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. The number again is (601) 634-4528.

Inspection Contact Info

con_tel Phone: 601-634-4528
con_fax Fax: 601-619-7885
emailButtonemail: inspection@vicksburg.org

Hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm M-F

con_addressPhysical Address:
City of Vicksburg
Inspection Department
819 South Street
Vicksburg, MS 39180

con_addressMailing Address:
City of Vicksburg
Inspection Depatrment
PO Box 150
Vicksburg, MS 39181